Professional Care Available 24/7
Staffed by board-certified emergency physicians and experienced emergency nurses, Kent Hospital’s Emergency Department (ED) is the second-largest in the state of Rhode Island. Caring for nearly 70,000 patients annually, the Kent ED ranks among the top 10 percent nationally.
The patient rapid assessment model has dramatically reduced waiting time to see an emergency medicine provider and overall length of stay, resulting in patient satisfaction scores that rank the Kent ED as one of the best performing in the nation in the area of patient satisfaction and experience of care.
Kent Hospital’s ED offers 24-hour comprehensive, compassionate, and often critical care for patients with all types of medical and surgical problems.Directions
The Kent Emergency Department offers:
Increased space and capacity to respond to community growth and demand.
- Enlarged patient care spaces with 47 hard-walled treatment bays.
- Dedicated isolation and behavioral health care rooms.
- Focus on patient confidentiality, comfort, and privacy.
- Televisions in most ED treatment bays.
- Improved space for families to visit with patients.
- Comfortable waiting area for families.
- Easy parking for patients and families.
- Improved patient flow processes and reduced wait times.
- Fully electronic medical record to enhance medical care and patient safety.
- Digital radiology to improve diagnostic efficiency.